|By Ryan Sheldon|
Controlling NCD Devices Over the Internet
|National Control Devices will be opening our first prototype version of SignalSwitch.com to the public sometime during the Summer of 2008. SignalSwitch.com will allow you to control NCD devices over the internet from anywhere in the world for Free.
Key Features Include:
User-Customized Pages for Controlling Devices from Anywhere in the World from SignalSwitch.com
Here's How it Works
SignalSwitch.com talks directly to a program on your computer called a listener. The listener is a free download that maintains client connection with SignalSwitch.com and waits for a command. This service will work with any NCD device. If your device is a WI-Fi or Ethernet device no computer is needed, SignalSwitch.com will talk directly to the device through it's Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. For a more detailed overview visit our SignalSwitch Page.
Here's What People are Saying about SignalSwitch.com
SignalSwitch.com is currently under development, and will be supporting many more features as the site continues to grow. We anticipate opening a Beta version of the site in the October 1, 2008.
|Progress Notes: May 20, 2008|
Xu and I completed Phase II testing or Beta Site www.SignalSwitch.com. The following test were completed successfully:1) Activated many Relays in Osceola, Missouri from Shanghai, China Through Laptop with an Internet connection running the current version of Listener software. Communication Path was Shanghai, China, to SignalSwitch.com, Served out of Japan, to Laptop, to ZigBee Wireless Device. Tested repeatedly for long periods of time with excellent results.
2) Activated many Relays in Osceola, Missouri from Shanghai, China Through a HTC 6800 Mobile Phone Running Windows Mobile 6. Phone has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Capabilities. Listener software was running on phone. Communication Path was Shanghai, China, to SignalSwitch.com, Served out of Japan, to Mobile Phone, to Bluetooth device. Tested repeatedly for long periods of time with excellent results.
3) Tested 2 simultaneous user accounts, running at the same time. Tested in configuration above. Text completed with excellent results.
4) Activated Relays in Shanghai, China from Osceola Missouri using a custom developed client application logged into user account through SignalSwitch.com. Activated relays from Laptop and from HTC 6800 mobile phone, equipped with a Wi-Fi internet connection, running custom developed client applications. Test completed successfully with excellent results.
5) Xu demonstrated user account management features of SignalSwitch.com, which are currently running on a custom application on a Local PC. Account creation and management will be moved to a User interface on SignalSwitch.com during Phase III development.
6) Xu demonstrated logging features of SignalSwitch.com, which are used to assist in troubleshooting of communications with SignalSwitch.com
Phase II tested completed successfully, demonstrating internet controlled relays though the use of our dedicated, custom developed server, SignalSwitch.com. Performance testing of SignalSwitch.com will be an important factor as we continue to move into Phase III development. With current architecture, it should be possible for thousands of users to constantly communicate to remote device with minimal delay. This will allow remote monitoring and control from devices located anywhere throughout the world where an internet connection is possible.
Phase III plans include refining development tools for Client Applications that communicate with SignalSwitch.com. Creating a Web Interface for Master Administrators, Administrators, and Users. Upon completion of Phase III, we intend to make free Licenses available to customers for testing and feedback. National Control Devices, LLC is currently dedicated to the on-going development and funding of the SignalSwitch.com project on a unlimited basis.